Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

A visit to Hereford 20 - 23 December

It was lovely to visit Cheryl, to help her with some Christmas preparations. Once again the journey could have been difficult with snow seriously affecting many parts of the country. However my drive to her Dad’s house was normal. Nottingham had been let off lightly and so I was a little disturbed by the amount of snow after turning off the M5.
We stayed over at her Dad’s house as the neighbours came in for a drink; one couple that her Dad had known for years and the lovely young couple who had bought the old house next door. We headed for Cheryl’s house the next day.
We were snowed in for a day and we turned out with the neighbours to shovel snow away to clear a way out! It was great fun and who would have cared if I had been unable to get away!! Well, maybe a couple of people, because I spent last year in Worcester Hospital with a quincey, I did not want my kids to have to rearrange Christmas again.
Cheryl and I did some baking, some eating and some drinking in true Christmas tradition. After some shopping in Hereford city, I headed back to Nottingham on the 23rd as that was forecast to be the best day for travelling.
Cheryl and Ian were off on a big Australian holiday on the 28th so it was a busy few days for them!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home