Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Marc and diane's Wedding - 30 October 2010

If I say that this day almost matched my own daughter’s wedding day, then you will know it was something special.
The weather was perfect, a mild October day with a blue sky. The wedding took place at West Bridgford Registry Office and to say it was an emotional occasion was an understatement. Marc was in his full formal kilt regalia (which attracted a lot of looks and comments as we were having a drink beforehand – mostly from women!) and Di was quite beautiful in a cream and black dress. I wore a Murray tartan tie.
The Registrar was calm and assured and conducted the ceremony so well. As witnesses Jane and I sat at the front table along with the bride and groom. Marc choked a little on the promise he had chosen to make to Di and Di had to dab her eyes several times to get through her promise. But if you can’t be emotional at a wedding when can you be? I produced the rings on cue and Jane and I duly signed the register.
Off to the Key in Keyworth for the reception – an excellent venue and a lovely buffet laid out – Joan having a big input to this.
I made my speech, which went down OK, and I got several comments afterwards of a pleasing nature. I asked for and got a round of applause for the lovely bride and my description of Marc as marshmallow in a steel box went down well – soft and sweet once in the box!
Then we eat and then we danced. Music to disco to and music to jive to. I enjoyed several tangos as well as many jives.
The evening slowly drew to a close and ended with much laughter and a sense of satisfaction all round.
I drove the married couple home and witnessed Marc carrying Di over the threshold.

1 Comments:

Blogger diane said...

What a beautiful blog, thankyou so much .It was such a special day which was made more special by the wonderful friends and family that came to help us celebrate.
with much love
Diane xx

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home