Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Jive Addiction's Jive and tango weekend in Scarborough, 5-7 November

I wonder if Jive Addiction thought they were taking a risk by holding a 50/50 weekender. As it turned out tango and jive had to exchange rooms such was the desire of Jivers to get to grips with tango. It is a long road learning tango and let’s hope most will stick it through.
Lesley journeyed down from Newcastle, and we met up on York station for the last leg to Scarborough. We met up with Janet who had driven from Nottingham. The Ambassador Hotel provides good rooms and excellent meals – I have stayed there before and will again.
The first evening had a couple of hours of tango music to get us in the mood.
Saturday morning, Lesley and I went to meet Tony who wa spending a couple of weeks at home before continuing his voluntary exile to sun drenched Malta to write the novel to make his deserved fortune! As always he was in great form and we enjoyed chatting with him.
Then to dance two 2 hour sessions with Bill Newby and Nicky Parsons. They are excellent teachers and I always gain from their lessons however much I thought I knew what they were teaching.
Another milonga in the evening.
On Sunday, Lesley and I had a private lesson and it has made a lot of difference to how we dance. That evening at the milonga I felt we danced better than ever before. We have moved up a division.
Amir Giles was in charge for 2 dance lessons and the milonga in the evening. He taught some interesting steps but does change (he would say develop) the step as we go through the lesson. He is not as precise as Bill and at this moment in time that precision and timing is what I want.
Altogether another great weekend. Particularly having Lesley as company and we have developed our dancing that I hope we will be accepted in Buenos Aires.
Jive addiction’s market is beginners who would not dare to go to a straight tango weekend. Probably those people who think they are tangueros already, would not come on an event organised by Jivers. They would be missing out as the package that Jive Addiction puts together is very attractive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home