Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Club Malcolm

This is a very ordinary venue with a cafe, more like a transport cafe, fronting a tiled floor with plenty of seating. We had to wait for a lesson to end before the milonga started about 11.30. The standard was the best we have seen with the dancers just having enough room to execute some fancy moves.
There is a young group here which has rejected the classic tango of close embrace and it being so crowded that it is just a shuffle around the floor. This is flamboyant stuff and I could not see anybody on the floor that I would regard as worse than me. The only consolation was that there were a few collisions when I was not even on the floor!!
The lesson that we were not supposed to view, had been called tangocool and involved much more use of the arms rather than just a chest lead.
We sat at a table with an Argentinian who spoke excellent English and who danced with both Rosanna and Lesley.
A refreshing vibrant atmosphere and will visit here again.
(Better get practicing!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home