Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Cafe Tortoni

Take a step back to 1900. All the waiters in black ties. A fabulous setting of old world Buenos Aires grandeur and elegance. Service that you probably receive at the Ritz, although I will never find out for certain. Whatever you order it will be the best of its type.
The only problem is the tourists - but of course the tourists keep it going - why was I allowed in with shorts on? I should have been sent home to dress properly.
We asked the waiter to take a photo - he held the camera at arms length to the side and I wondered if we would be in the frame. Of course we were exactly in the middle. They do everything right.


It is full of tango memorabilia - bust and statue of Carlos Gardel and other tango greats, photos galore.
The decor is amazing, oak panels, antique chandeliers, stained glass vitreaux.
This is a must, to dwell here and lose yourself in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home