Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Monday, January 24, 2011

San Telmo

San Telmo is one of the more exciting, flamboyant areas and it is where tango began. Tourists flock here to see tango (I am being a tango snob now!).

We decided to walk from Plaza de Mayo on the assumption there would be something to see. It was a very run down area so we had a long walk in the hot sun past buildings we do not want to see again. Eventually we arrived at the Sunday flea market covering Plaza Dorrego and surrounding streets. Virtually all of the hundreds of stalls were antiques (or junk!).




Very interesting to wander around, more for my interest in the stall holders than what they were selling.


There was some earthy tango being dance for the tourists (Yes, I am being a tango snob again!)
I know several people who have stayed in San Telmo but I am not sure where. On this first visit, San Telmo has been a disappointment but there is time to visit again and revise this impression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home