Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Making Friends

Sharing the same hotel and tours of Iguazu were a lovely couple, Lucia and Tiger. We walked around together a lot and benefitted from their language skills - 4 or so each, putting our feeble attempts at Spanish to shame. We talked about many things social, cultural and scientific and only towards the end of our visit did we find out he was a Grandmaster in chess, the best in Sweden and noted for his inventive play. Wow!

While we have been struggling with our various maps (which have north orientated in different ways on the pages), many people have come up to us to help. I had one young Argentine walk half way round the block to take me to a shop that would top up my mobile. On another occasion I was helped to find the number of the phone I was using so that it could be topped up.

We chose to make a bus ride without realising that you have to have coins. A young girl changed a 2 peso note but then gave us 75 cents so that we could buy 2 tickets. The bus driver did a 3 for 2 deal for us and we were all on! Public transport is amazingly cheap. On the bus we met a professional tennis coach who helped us find our destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home