Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Two walks in Derbyshire

Last year when I attempted a walk in Derbyshire I reached a point where I was lost (let’s blame the guide book) and at that same point and in the same state were Stephen and Stephanie. We continued together and had a good day. We did not exchange any contact details as they did not use the internet. During the year some clever detective work resulted in them contacting me via their new computer. They stay in Bakewell each year to explore Derbyshire which, of course, they know so much better than I do.
So this year we met up for two days and walked some great walks. The first one we got wonderfully lost on many occasions but did a great circuit. The second one was perfect in all details. We never varied an inch from the desired route. It was the most beautiful weather that Derbyshire could provide. Calm, perfect cloudless blue sky and an over riding sense that nothing could be better.
We talked endlessly, except when I was out of breath! Stephanie is the best walker of the three and is very fit, having ran several Chicago marathons. Stephen pretends that I am as good as him and I join in that joke.
We are a great team and will be meeting up next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home