Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A long Weekend down South

Having seen a house being built my good friend Cheryl decided that a little bit of crazy paving for a good friend was a piece of cake! After just a little thought, I am glad to say that she called me in to help and so a weekend down south took place.

We managed the crazy paving in a day – just. No technical details will be provided, professionals don’t give away their secrets, so suffice to say the final job was fit for purpose, which was sitting and dinking fine wine.

Next day we graced Lords Cricket Ground. Cheryl and Ian are on the invitation list of a couple of barrister who have a box at Lords and they got me a ticket. Middlesex playing the Australians was incidental to the wine and wonderful food, despite the great view from the box. Walking around the ground I will admit Lords has a slight edge over Trent Bridge, mainly because it has another pitch stuck alongside. From there we were off to a Joan Armatrading concert which was superb. More tracks to download.

Sunday the three of us had a fine walk around Thornley island. All on the flat of course with a little sandy beach but the sea was out a long way.

On Monday, Ian was at work and Cheryl and I walked around Virginia Water and I realised why she relaxes with a walk there whenever possible. So many walks are possible you would never tire of the place.

So some good things achieved but most of all it was so good to see the Hampshire village and the home where Cheryl and Ian spend there working week

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home