Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Ian's Visit (28 JUly - 1st August 2010)

Ian's visit had a very simple objective - to see the Test Match, England v Pakistan at Trent Bridge. Ian arrived on the Wednesday and we took In Forest's pre-season game against Lyon. We were outclassed but there were some good points to some of Forest's play, so I am looking forward to a successful season.
England won the game and we saw all the play except for a short period on Saturday morning when it looked to gloomy to play, but play they did. We took in Nottingham Contemporary and a little walk around the city centre.
We eat in The Riverbank and Larwood and Voce - both providing excellent meals - and I prepared some foos which went down well.
England sorted things out on the Sunday morning, in good time to get Ian on the train home.

An excellent visit which I hope will be repeated when trent Bridge hosts another test match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home