Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tango in Hemsby (March 9-11)

This is a Jive Addiction event (http://www.jiveaddiction.com/) and is amazing value. 3 night accomodation, 8 meals, half tango, half jive.  The chalets are basic but clean and warm with instant hot water and a heated towel rail.
Sharon and I danced 90% of the time together, in the 3 nights of milonga to the music provided by Smokie. This was great fun as we could experiment and practice and develop an understanding and a real connection.
The teaching is done by Amir Giles and he does a great job in getting maybe a 100 in the basic class to dance some tango and get an appreciation of what the dance is about, in just one hour.  He taught 3 classes and we learnt a nice step in that final class.  Maybe the tango purists would find some faults but how do you handle that many people and get results.
I was there for the tango but did some jive, and since Sharon was there to see me, I have to confess to enjoying it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home