Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Friday, February 17, 2012

A Wasted Day

I had the Hotel order me a taxi to take me to Reserva del Huaico, the 4th most popular place to visit from Salta. The taxi came late and he did not know where to go, started looking in his map and then phoned his office and did a U turn to get on the right road. Obviously his office did not know so he turned into Hotel Huaico, for the first of two visits! Judging by the amount of arm waving he got excellent directions but they did not get us anywhere We then asked 3 taxi drivers, 3 police cars and then went to the police station! Nobody apart from the Hotel had heard of it! Back in my hotel they were surprised and I did get them to google the Reserva but it was too late to do anything as walking in the reserve has to be with a guide and we had spent 1 1/2 hours circling the area! Some you win, some you lose!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue Morgan said...

Bummer!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Tony Oglethorpe said...

Another half day in the bank to get some more money to pay the taxi then Bob?

2:10 PM  
Blogger Tony Oglethorpe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home