Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tango in Edinburgh (30 March, 2 April)

Edinburgh is special for tango and it was special also to visit Kay.  The weekend was made easy for us as Mike and Julia ferried us around, starting with a curry on my arrival on Friday.
There were 2 tango events, the first a party for a couple who are at the University with Kay and who were getting engaged.  Kay and I danced tango for ages and since there were quite a lot of non-tango people there we had some folk dances and swing and a lot of improvisation to whatever music was playing. Kay is maybe twice the age of the average student and I am treble that average! It didn't matter and Kay is very much part of the group and I was accepted completely so it was a fun evening.
On Sunday there was a tea dance which was lovely. I have been once before and to many other tango events in Edinburgh so there were a lot of faces I recognised.  I danced with lots of people and won an Easter Egg in the draw at the end of the dance. (or was that a thankyou as I had obviously travelled farther than anyone else to be there!). The sandwiches and especially the cakes were delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home