Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Song of the month - 2 - Loca

Tango song of the month - 2 - Loca
Loca is often just an instrumental but it does have lyrics. Loca translates as crazy woman. (Surely loco must be an oxymoron!) This is translated as prostitute or tramp, as the woman of the song is trapped in the sex trade.

Here is a link to a version with the lyrics.
https://youtu.be/1pNN2ITF73Y

Translation by Tango Decoder

Loca, me llaman mis amigos,
que sólo son testigos
de mi liviano amor.
Loca...
¿Qué saben lo que siento,
ni qué remordimiento
se oculta en mi interior?
Yo tengo, con alegrías,
que disfrazar mi tristeza,
y que hacer de mi cabeza
las pesadillas huir.
Yo tengo que ahogar en copas
la pena que me devora...
Cuando mi corazón llora,
mis labios deben reír.
Yo, si a un hombre lo desprecio,
tengo que fingirle amores;
y admiración, cuando es necio;
y si es cobarde, temores.
Yo que no he pertenecido
al ambiente en que ahora estoy,
he de olvidar lo que he sido
y he de olvidar lo que soy.
Loca, me dicen mis amigos,
que sólo son testigos
de mi liviano amor.
Loca,
¿Qué saben lo que siento,
ni qué remordimiento
se oculta en mi interior?
Allá muy lejos, muy lejos,
donde el sol cae cada día,
un tranquilo hogar había
y en el hogar unos viejos.
La vida y su encanto era
una muchacha que huyó
sin decirles dónde fuera...
y esa muchacha soy yo.
Ya no existe más la casa,
ya no existen más los viejos
y una muchacha muy lejos,
sufriendo la vida pasa.
Y al caer todos los días
en aquella tierra el sol,
caen con él mis alegrías
y muere mi corazón.

Tramp, they call me, my friends,
they who see only
my easy virtue.
Tramp...
What do they know of what I feel
Or what terrible remorse
Is hidden inside of me.
I have to disguise my sadness
with gaiety
and make my worries
flee from my mind.
I have to drown in drink
the sorrow that devours me....
When my heart weeps
My lips have to laugh
Though I despise a man,
I have to pretend to love him;
to admire him if he’s a fool;
and to fear him if he’s a coward.
I wasn’t always part
of this scene I’m in now,
so I have to forget what I have been
and forget what I am.
Tramp, they call me, my friends,
they who see only
my easy virtue.
Tramp...
How can they know who I am
Or what remorse
Is hidden inside of me?
There, far, far away
Where the sun sets each day,
There was a peaceful home
And in that home, some old folks.
Their life and their darling
was a girl who ran away
Without saying where she was going...
And that girl was me.
Today that house no longer exists.
Today those old folks no longer exist
Today the girl, far away,
Passes her life in suffering.
And as the sun sinks each day
In that land,
My happiness sinks with it
And my heart dies.







                                             








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home