Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Lessons from Tai Chi - 3


The tai chi form flows serenely through a range of positions, alternating between yin and yang. As an exercise in Debbie Spencer's class we tried pausing on each yin step, to differentiate yin from yang. Of course this made me think of the most important "step" in tango, the pause.
Also as we moved our weight onto one foot, we lifted the other foot. This exercise made it clear where our weight was, that our axis was correct and helped us improve our balance. All of this is appropriate to tango. As a lead, I usually am on one foot or the other, on my axis and balanced. I have responsibility for moving the follower onto her axis. The follower has to arrive at and maintain her axis, wait and possibly decorate while in that position and be prepared to move in any direction ( so much more difficult than leading)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home