Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Feeling

Today my yoga teacher, Debbie Spencer, told us lots of things that yoga was not. Such as standing on you head, getting into incredible poses and so on. What yoga is about is feeling the pose that you are in.
Of course that got me thinking that tango is not about learning dozens of fancy steps, not about whirling round the floor taking up too much space, not about showing off to whoever may be watching, not about doing your steps without regard to your partner and so on. What tango is about is achieving a connection with your partner that transcends the physical and allows you, as a couple, to appreciate and react to the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home