Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Monday, March 28, 2016

My one day of fame 18 March 2016

As a precursor of this one day, the Evening Post photographer came to the Bramcote Memorial Hall for the practica which Ling and Jon organise. Ling was good enough to dance with me for a little bit of video and many photos which appeared in the paper on the 18th. The purpose of all this was to publicise the novel that my good friend Cheryl Booton has written. The book "Tango, with Love" is most certainly not a biography but I had related to her many events that had happened to me and she has stretched the truth into a charming love story. Many real characters do appear in the book, sometime with their real names and sometimes with alternative names.
The article in the paper can be traced at the Nottingham Post web site by searching for my name and separately searching for tango.

Radio Nottingham had contacted me, following the press release that Nadine had sent to the West Bridgford Wire. I was newsworthy on three counts, being old, having danced with Flavia and being in a book. Well, I was really scared at the prospect and felt very nervous all morning (lunch was postponed!) and turned up at 2pm as directed. Going into the studio, I relaxed and was able to talk to Paul Robbey who was really good at interviewing and keeping me relaxed in the process. I was able to forget about the thousands of listeners (hundreds? Two that I know of!). It all went very well and I had good feed back from friends and Paul and Sara, the producer at Radio Nottngham.
If you missed it, you can go to their website, find Verity's programme and work back to 18 March and drag to about 2h 10 mins into the programme and have a listen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home