Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tango in Nottingham - Chan Park (13-14 April)

Chan Park has produced a wonderful film (Tanfo Your Life) in which he interviews many people in Buenos Aires about why they dance tango. For those of us who have become obsessed with tango, this film goes right to the heart. The film was shown at an excellent milonga organised by Tango Gardens. I would like a copy of that film to view regularly!
I went to the workshops that were arranged for Friday evening and Saturday. There were lots of exercises about the connection - leading and following in various ways to build up to the close embrace. I do not know what followed on the Sunday but I wanted to learn about what the onlooker does not see in a tango dance. To explore when lead and follow becomes less distinct and two people are doing what they both want to do. This did not happen for me and I was therefore disappointed. In discussion Chan Park said that he would watch a dancer for several weeks before asking her to dance. This was to see that she danced the way he liked and that he would not be injured by her!! I prefer my approach that if she is wearing nice shoes then I want to dance with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home