Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Entertaining the Tourists

Confiteria la Ideal is on the tourists list for seeing tango (maybe those who don't want the fancy show and dinner). So many of the table are occupied by people who have their eyes glued to the dancing or maybe just to the shoes. However there is looking and looking! This is pleasant viewing by the interested. At Salon Canning it was an interrogation and detailed analysis where you knew that each slightly misplaced step would be noted down and held against you. The eyes were aware of the quality and tastefullness of each pair of shoes. I felt I should ask permission before crossing the eye line of some of the more fierce gazes from, let us say, the mature female element. Decidedly scarey women!
There were only a few couples dancing with one or two very accomplished performances deserving of applause. Regina and I found ourselves dancing a milonga as the only couple on the floor and I am sure you realise that I am writing this because, we got a round of applause! Later Rosanna and her Argentine partner were equally appreciated.
We had the best evening's dancing of the holiday, cementing Ideal as our favourite venue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home