Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Northumbria May 2007

How lovely to have good friends who will let you use their luxury caravan! L and family have a caravan on a very secure and beautiful site about 40 mins drive from their home and 5 miles from Alnwick Gardens. It has large living room, fitted kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 loos, so has more to offer than my house.
C and I stayed there, the idea being that I would show her Alnwick gardens and she would show me puffins. We managed so much more as the weather was great for the whole week - L could not believe that day after day there were blue skies. We saw the Gardens to C’s delight; Craster and we walked to Dunstanburgh castle. Bamburgh and Walkworth Castles and Lindisfarne (Holy Island) with all the mystique that surrounds it. A boat trip from Seahouses took us to the Farne Islands and wonderful views of puffins just 10 m away and many other sea birds nesting at out feet and terns attacking our heads. We made an early morning trip to Ross camp with fabulous views of the castles on the coast and the Cheviots
A wonderful week and we so want to return to that magnificent part of England.





More pictures?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home