Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Friday, June 01, 2007

The Malvern Show Friday 11 May

My good friend C wanted some company to walk around the Malvern Show with her. Visited on Thursday, when it poured with rain all day, so that we could make an early start on Friday, suitably dressed! Walking boots, heavy rain proof jacket and several layers seemed the order of the day. We arrived about 9am, amongst the first 100 people, I should think, and, in dry conditions, set about this show. I wasn’t expecting much and thought we would be done in a couple of hours but it was fascinating - and it stayed dry. The first drops of rain fell as we were walking back to the car at 3pm. We even managed to sit out for lunch (roast pork!) with a watery sun keeping us warm. There were of course lots of plants and I was inspired enough to buy an olive tree, more as homage to Greece than the thought of the crop! Many show gardens and many extras, such as garden furniture, tools, food and wine, art and craft, photographs - so C has a puffin photo for her birthday ahead of our visit to them.
An excellent day out, we felt satisfied that we had seen most exhibits, certainly taken in all that we could. I would go again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home