Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Jive Addiction Dance Holiday La Pineda May 2007

This was my 9th dance holiday and possibly the 4th time I have been to La Pineda! I must like it!
The teaching was very good;
Jim and Nicky with smooth jive - very much to my liking.
Ian and Mandy with tango in jive and Mandy with pilates and some solo jazz dance which had some amazing exercises to warm us up. I could not locate the muscles that were supposed to move parts of my body!
Peter and Evelyn with dips and drops.
Company was excellent - my good friends L and R from Newcastle, C from Warrington, K and P from Nottingham were the immediate gang but many familiar faces from previous holidays. There seemed to be more women than men so the party atmosphere of the Gran Canaria holiday was not quite generated. Also the food did not seem to be as good as last year (or are we getting too familiar with it) except for excellent tapas on the Saturday night.
I felt my tango improved a lot with the lessons here building on regular lessons in Nottingham - how can L tango so well when she has never done any before!
So a very good week - 3 outings, to Salou for an Italian restaurant and the amazing cocktails which thrilled us all; to Tarragona and its shops, Roman ruins and memories of last year with cake in the same café; and to Barcelona and more shops (!) the Familial Sagrada (6th time for me) and a nice finale of juice and cakes overlooking the port.
A great week which I will undoubtedly repeat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home