Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Night at the Opera

Can anyone dispute that the Sydney Opera House is one of the great buildings in the world. Last year I took maybe a 100 photos from all angles - still took a few this year! Also I did the tour of the inside - highly recommended - that involved seeing the magnificent, all wood, concert hall.
This year, thanks to contacts that I and C have, we got tickets to see The Marriage of Figaro, so I got to see the inside of this hall which was closed to us last year. Seats on the side so slightly restricted view but we were really up for the show, especially after a glass of bubbly enjoying the fantastic view. A glass of champagne for $10 (4 UK pounds) - hey! No one is trying to rip us off!
This was my first opera and it was wonderful. The plot was complicated and it took the first act to be certain who was who! The singing glorious and they could act as well. It was just a great feeling to be present in such a place - indeed a privilege.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home