Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

dancing in Newcastle (24 - 27 November 2006)

Yes - they do dance in Newcastle! Having met two lovely ladies on a dance holiday in Spain I was lucky enough to secure invitations to Newcastle for formal dinner dances. Fortunately another friend had increased slightly in girth and so I am now the owner of a very smart, previously loved, DJ. So, now counting myself as a friend of the family, and certainly being treated as such, I have spent some great weekends in the North East.
In these weekends the formal part has been very successful - a good meal, plenty of wine, first on the dance floor dancing ceroc with L, one of the lovely ladies. Dancing with many partners and introducing some to ceroc, or if that fails then some disco stuff which does seem very tame in comparison.
In addition there is the joy of watching 13 year old M playing football, usually in the rain! The joy is partly because they do really try to play and pass the ball about, but also because it is not me getting muddy and suffering the crunching tackles!
I have also got to know Newcastle city centre (tried to argue it was not as good as Nottingham, but had to lie a lot) and Alnwick Gardens which are stunning but I forgot my camera - good excuse to go again.
So, much to my surprise, I have discovered that it is very civilised up there and I hope more invitations will be forthcoming - watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home