Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Reflections on the Dominican Republic holiday

I had a good time - the wedding was wonderful, it was great to spend time with relatives and to meet new friends. It was a relaxed environment and as good a place to chill out as I can imagine. It's not my preferred choice of holiday, as I can chill out at home most of the time, and so usually look for a holiday that is more active, either walking or dancing. Having said that I am most certainly glad I went, to enjoy the company and to experience the Caribbean for the first time.
The island is a tropical paradise and I felt so much better for having done the tours and for seeing a little bit of the island, its people in particular, and so a little insight into how they live. I really don't know if the all-inclusive resorts are a good thing or not. They must have a huge impact on the environment but they employ a lot of people on salaries that are good for the island but, of course, low from our point of view. Hence we are waited on hand and foot and lavished with food and drink and entertainment.
I hope to visit other Caribbeam islands but would look to travel more, but the luxury of the all-inclusive is tempting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home