Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Monday, October 30, 2006

A Typical day at the Iberostar

Well, of course, there is not a typical day as I don´t have the resolve to do what I ought to do, so this is what should happen.
I wake between 6 and 7 and it is just getting light. Awake and alert I slip on some shorts and head for the deserted beach. After a walk along the beach sometimes plodging, I do a series of stretching and other exercises before finishing off with some Tai Chi.
Back for a shower and then I am ready for a light breakfast of juice and fruit.
Then the first decision of the day, whether to lounge around the pool or the beach. In either case it has been easy to get enough loungers for our group to be together. The sun is really strong, certainly the hottest I have experienced so a lot of care is needed when you have my skin type.
From about 10 through to 5 there are organised games with hotel staff energetivally trying to get you to take part.......I need 20,000 people for the game.... but they do take no for an answer! Games vary from dancing lessons, salsa, merengue, bachata to frisbee games...all good fun if you are in the mood and you don´t bother if not in the mood. The sea is amazingly warm, I have had cooler baths!
Of course, there is lunch, in the poolside restaurant or the main buffet, with any drink you can think of available all day long.
It gets dark about 6pm so a chance to freshen up for even more food with dinner in the main buffet or one of the 3 a la carte restaurants.
After food, well more to drink and a show which is best left to others!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home