Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Guggenheim Museum

The building is a sculpture in its own right. It is wonderful to walk around inside and outside. The enormous spider and the puppy made of growing flowers are remarkable. There is a permanent exhibit of  concrete walls, some in a spiral, some a pair in a wavy line. Some converge others diverge. They are remarkable in setting a mood just by being in their presence.
Most of the other exhibits are the sort that you find in Tate Modern, Nottingham Contemporary or The Baltic in Newcastle, but I feel so elated thinking about the Guggenheim that I cannot bring myself to rant!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home