Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

On being a Godoy groupie

The first part of my week in Bilbao was spent at Bego's mother's house. I enjoyed wonderful hospitality and meals and the chance to meet Bego's brother, sister-in-law and their daughter Avril. It was lovely to spend time with all of them.
Once the Basque Country Tango Festival began I moved into the hotel to share with Lorenzo. We (Bego, Lorenzo, Regina (part of the time) and I did 7 workshops with Horacio and his delightful parner Magdalena Guttierez. They are a great teaching pair. He had videos, and was inspirational in his knowledge of the dance and the music. We learnt some nice steps but everything was approached with musicality to the fore. All the couples teaching gave excellent demonstration dances showing control over technique. However Horacio and Magdalena were supreme in their musical interpretation. It was like another instrument added to the orchestra.
A great week of sun while sightseeing and rain during the tango festival!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home