Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Monday, February 06, 2012

Not Quite the Show

Since tango music was playing at breakfast, I asked the waitress "Puedo bailar tango en Calafate".  Of course I did not understand what she answered but she wrote down a time and place and I duly turned up.  It was all very confusing as there was a space no more than 3m x 2m in amongst diners eating good steaks.  Eventually a man turned up in suit and red and black shoes (good taste).  We did not share a language but eventually I found out he was the brother of the waitress.  Soon his partner turned up looking very beautiful, and they danced a couple of tracks in true show style.
I still did not know what was happening and I was wondering where the people for the milonga would come from.
The couple dance two more tracks.
Then the senorita was brought over and someone who spoke English said it was my turn!  So onto the middle of the floor we went and I dance three tracks with her and she was still smiling at the end and we got applause.  A few moves didn't happen as I intended but we danced well together and there was no hesitations or screams of pain!
She asked if I taught tango, so I took that as a compliment and walked back to my hotel with a silly smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger specialkate said...

tart ;) x

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home