Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Two Concerts

Ed Sheeran appeared at the Capital FM Arena (Ice Stadium) (31 October) and I went with my daughter Annabelle. I bought the tickets one at a time, such was the demand, so we ended up sitting on opposite sides of the stadium. The place was packed with most people wearing leggings and shorts! I think my age exceeded the cumulative age of the people in my row.
He put on a great show, sang for 2 hours and commanded the thousands in the Arena. With raised arms he demanded and got the adulation of the audience. He got them to sing along, to shout and impressively to be very quiet while he sang a slow soft song. He is starting out on his career and he has to prove himself to stay at the top with a young and fickle following.
In contrast Cheryl and I saw Joan Armatrading at Buxton Opera House(8 November). I suppose she is coming to the end of her career but her following is faithful and her singing is strong as ever and the new albums keep coming. She filled the Opera House and gave a relaxed and powerful performance. She was miked up and moved around without her guitar, singing to us and getting us to respond with song and waving. She did not sing Willow but finished her encore with a new song! She is moving on and she is telling her faithful fans to move on with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home