Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

NZ2009 - Queenstown



Queenstown is the adrenalin capital of NZ. It is the place where you jump off mountains with bits of elastic on your ankle or nylon over your head! It didn't surprise me that Cheryl wanted to paraglide but it did that I joined her! We were bussed to Coronet Peak, fitted into the harness and with the expert attached behind, we ran down a steep.hill and just floated away. It was an amazing ride, along the hillside and then down hundreds of feet to the valley below.
Despite this and dozens of other crazy things, Queenstown has a serenity imposed on it by the wonderful mountains that surround it and the beautiful Lake Wakatipu. It has everything for eveyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home