Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Friday, December 19, 2008

La Palma 1 - 8 December

Another Jive Addiction holiday, this time in one of the small Canary Islands.
What was good - the organisation - the dancing every evening til 2am for me and later for many others - Ian and Mandy's teaching - the hotel (excellent rooms) - the food - the number of pools - the atmosphere 160 jivers created - the company of Jane, Joan and David and many familiar faces from previous holidays.
What was not so good - the cost of the flight - not having a beach - the weather (2 glorious days but then a lot of cloud) - one set of lessons not being to my liking - the architecture which was possibly based on a Mexican fort with gun positions!
I regretted not using the spa complex at all and the other sauna on more than one occasion. Also not exploring the island. On the journey from airport to hotel it was grey and there were clouds and rain on the mountains. It looked bleak. On the journey back it was a beautiful day and the island looked green and attractive with a rocky coastline and many hills and volcanoes to walk.

I will almost certainly go on more Jive Addiction holidays but I doubt I will return to La Palma unless I had walking as well as dancing sorted before hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home