Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Skegness, 11-13 September 2009.

My first visit to Butlins at Skegness for a Jive Addiction dance weekend. Jane, who has danced at many weekenders, and Irene, at her first such event, were my excellent companions.
The accomodation was so much better than similar events at Southport, almost too comfortable. At Southport, getting out of the accommodation to the dancing was top priority! The dance halls used were a little distance apart and other holiday makers were on the site, which was a slight disadvantage. We had some good classes and good dancing in the evenings, so the weekend easily met expectations. It took Irene a little while to get accustomed to the event but I am sure she will be ready for more in the future.
We were lucky with weather and managed a walk along the beach with a compulsory ice cream.