Bob's Blog

This Blog will follow my adventures - well holidays really. Hopefully you will want to tell me what you enjoyed in the countries I have visited and maybe recommend places to go.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Melanie, 6th August 2009.

I remember Melanie well from the 70's, I think, with Ruby Tuesday in particular. When I mentioned her concert appearance in Nottingham to Cheryl, nostalgia took over. The first record (it was a record then) Cheryl bought was of Melanie and apparently she played it full volume, driving her parents mad. So she made a flying visit for the concert in the small, but appropriate, Nottingham Arts Theatre. Accompanied by her son, a brilliant guitar player.
A great concert with so many of her hit songs. She looked and sounded like the Melanie of old, if a little larger. A cake was brought on stage at the end as it is 40 years since she hit the headlines at Woodstock.
We also found time to look at the excellent Paul Sandby exhibition at the Castle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home